Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-11-28 Origin: Site
The main structure and performance of the medical sampling kit: usually consists of a swab or a cup with an antiseptic solution and a test tube. That is to provide non-sterile. The scope of application of the medical sampling kit is mainly used for sample collection, transportation, and storage, etc. Let's learn how to use the sampling kit and precautions.
Here is the content list:
l Sampling kit principle of action
l Requirements on the use of sampling kits
l Suggestive notes on sampling kits.
After sterilization of the sampling kit, virus-stabilizing components, such as Hank's alkaline solution, can be added to keep the virus active over a wide temperature range, reduce the rate of virus decomposition, and increase the positive rate of the virus.
1. Collect samples using sampling swabs according to sampling requirements (for storage solutions that do not contain swabs, users can provide their own matching swabs).
2. After collecting the sample into the sampling kit, place the sampling swab.
3. Break the swab at the easy breakpoint of the sampling swab, discard the tail, and close the sampling kit.
4. Mark the information on the label of the sampling kit as needed.
5. After collection, the sampling kit specimen should be shipped to the appropriate influenza surveillance network laboratory within 2 working days and the temperature should be 2-8°C. If it cannot be delivered to the laboratory within 48 hours, it should be set to 70°C or save the following and ensure that the collected specimen is sent to the appropriate network laboratory within 1 week. Sampling kits should avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
6. For the nasal swab, the collector holds the patient's mandible with the left hand and then gently inserts the swab into the nasal cavity of the nasal tract with the right hand, holding it for a moment, then slowly rotating it 3-5 times and withdrawing. Dip the swab head into the solution of the sampling kit, squeeze the swab head in the sampling solution several times, break the tail of the swab by force, and then discard the tail of the swab.
7. Using the throat swab, press the patient's tongue with the left hand of the left hand. Hold the swab in the right hand and wipe the tonsils and posterior pharyngeal wall, dip the swab head into the sampling solution, squeeze the swab head into the solution in the sampling kit several times, forcefully break the tail of the swab, and then discard the tail of the swab. Nasal swabs and throat swabs can also be collected in the same sampling kit.
1. Virus sampling kits should be sent for examination as soon as possible and should be collected immediately at a cool temperature of 2-8°C. Virus samples can be left at 2-8°C for 48 hours. Long-term storage should be placed at -20°C, at a low temperature below -70°C, or at -196°C. In particular, H1N1 virus particles are sensitive to -20°C, so sampling kits should need to be stored at -20°C or below. If they are not transported at low temperature immediately after sampling or stored at the specified temperature, the positive rate of virus isolation will be affected at a later stage.
2. Sampling kits are intended for sampling viral samples only. Sampling for bacterial samples is strictly prohibited. The antibiotics contained in the solution in the kit itself have a blocking effect on bacteria.
3. Direct contact of the virus sampling kit with the collected patient is prohibited, and sampling of the patient after the swab is wet is prohibited.
4. When collecting virus samples, the sampling procedure should be strictly followed to ensure accurate sampling position and uniform and appropriate sampling intensity, otherwise, it will affect the positive rate of virus isolation.
5. The product should not be used after expiration, otherwise, the product packaging will be damaged.
6. When testing samples, the operation should be performed in a laboratory that meets the standards.
7. Sampled kits are shipped at inappropriate temperatures, which can cause the spread of bacteria and mold, and the antibiotics in the previous sampling kit solution will completely deter microorganisms in the sample.
Bioteke Corporation will continue to improve quality and service and develop new products to contribute to the development of medical devices and the improvement of people's health, and we sincerely welcome new and old customers!